This beautiful fresh salad, is perfect with any meat or on its own, a lovely addition to the Christmas day menu, must be made on the day, dressing added just before serving. Can add feta, or add your own, make a larger amount for more people.
- 2 bacon rashers
- 2 mignonette lettuce's
- 2 avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon French mustard
- 1 tablespoon thickened cream
Trim the bacon and cut into thin strips, Fry in a non-stick pan until brown and crisp, then drain on paper trowels and leave to cool.
Pull the lettuce apart and wash and dry the leaves. Arrange the lettuce, mangoes and avocado on the serving dish. Sprinkle cashews and bacon over the top.
Put all the dressing ingredients into a small screw-top jar and shake to combine.
Drizzle the combined dressing over the salad and serve.
Enjoy a fresh tasty salad, can be eaten all year round!